Terms & Conditions
Drafted 13th August 2020
OPTO Projects Pty Ltd (ABN 97 605 596 334) trading as Australian Laser Cut (hereinafter referred to as Australian Laser Cut)
- Order Placement
- By placing an order with Australian Laser Cut, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree with the policies laid out here. Please notify us prior to placing an order if you disagree with any of our policies.
- Invoices will be issued once final proofs have been approved by the customer.
- Orders are considered confirmed and works shall begin when Australian Laser Cut receives full payment, unless specifically agreed otherwise. Cutting/engraving will not commence until full payment is received.
- Artwork issued to Australian Laser Cut by the customer (including images and text) is considered to be owned by the customer, who is understood to have all appropriate copyright and/or trademark permissions for these works. The ownership of the artwork remains solely with the customer.
- Artwork created by Australian Laser Cut on behalf of the customer will remain property of Australian Laser Cut, even after payment for services has been rendered. Customers are not permitted to use this property unless expressly agreed.
- Unless specified by the customer prior to order confirmation, the customer grants permission to Australian Laser Cut to publish photographs and/or images of the work produced on social media, websites and any other marketing material produced by Australian Laser Cut.
- Where drawings marked as ‘final’ are issued by Australian Laser Cut, we require written confirmation of the accuracy of this document (proof) prior to the commencement of works.
- The customer understands that the information in this proof will be used as the final layout from which the work will be produced, and supersedes any previously provided information including any verbal or written communication.
- It is the sole responsibility of the customer to check all details in the final layout are accurate including design, cut/etch type, size, material specifications and quantity. Once the proof has been approved by the customer, Australian Laser Cut does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in relation to the proof, nor shall Australian Laser Cut be liable for any damages or loss as a result of those errors or omissions after the final proof has been approved by the customer. Australian Laser Cut cannot be held responsible for any discrepancies or errors noticed by the customer after the approval has been received. Any amendments made after approval may incur additional charges.
- Cutting & Etching Production Works
- Australian Laser Cut will check your file for any obvious cutting or etching issues however, we are not responsible for ensuring that your design does not contain components that will not fit together, have structural integrity issues, or cut/etch as desired. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure the file is appropriate. (Australian Laser Cut advises customers to research laser cutting file setup to help prevent incompatible drawings)
- Designs will be cut/etched exactly how they appear in the submitted file. Australian Laser Cut accepts no responsibility for the success of the customer’s design.
- Material images on the website are indicative only. Australian Laser Cut advise customers to order samples if they are unsure of the material selected.
- Due to the nature of the laser cutting process, minor burn marks may be present on some materials.
- Laser etching certain materials can create surface residue which can reduce the crisp look of the engrave. We strongly suggest adding ‘surface masking’ to your order if this residue will be an issue.
- Surface masking does not guarantee total prevention of burn marks or residue. Projects will be delivered with application tape applied; Australian Laser Cut does not take responsibility for removal of tape. Intricate details on certain materials may be subject to damage during tape removal.
- Customer Supplied Materials
- Australian Laser Cut reserves the right to decline processing on customer supplied materials.
- When using customer supplied materials, Australian Laser Cut will require a sample piece no smaller than 200mm x 100mm for testing.. This sample piece shall be additional to what the customer provides for their project. If the sample is provided after the final quote/invoice, the customer acknowledges the quote may change as a result of testing.
- The customer shall supply additional ‘spare’ material as required by Australian Laser Cut to complete their job.
- Delivery of customer supplied material to and from Australian Laser Cut is at the customers expense.
- Customers supply material to Australian Laser Cut at their own risk.
- Order Cancellation and Returns
- Due to the custom nature of laser cutting and engraving, returns are only accepted on goods from the shop, and where no customisations have been made. All custom projects have a no returns policy.
- Cancellation of orders must be made via e-mail, within 1 hour of payment confirmation being received by Australian Laser Cut. If work has commenced, no refund will be granted, and the job will proceed. A partial refund may be granted if work has not yet commenced.
- Refunds are not available for any materials that have been ordered prior to cancellation.
- All refunds are at the full discretion of Australian Laser Cut.
- Unless otherwise stated, delivery costs are not included in the quoted price. If Australian Laser Cut provides delivery as part of the order, the customer will pay the costs of delivery.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that the delivery address provided is correct, and they are available to receive shipment. Any redelivery costs will be the responsibility of the customer.
- All stated manufacturing and delivery times are estimates only. Where not indicated, and where current production levels allow, orders we be shipped approximately 3 business days from order payment confirmation.
- Delivery times to Australian capital cities are usually 2-4 business days – rural areas may take longer. Delivery times are in addition to manufacturing times.
- Any damage that occurs during transportation is not the responsibility of Australian Laser Cut. The customer is welcome to organise their own courier – please advise.
- Lead Times
- Stated lead times are estimates based on current workloads and are subject to change without notice.
- Australian Laser Cut do not accept liabilities for damage from:
- abuse including impacts
- extreme temperatures, and
- exposure to moisture
- If a warranty is agreed by Australian Laser Cut, full refund or replacement will be provided (exclusive of any shipping fees).
- Australian Laser Cut do not accept liabilities for damage from:
Australian Laser Cut reserves the right to alter these policies at any time for any reason.
Phone: +61 3 9021 0042
Post: Australian Laser Cut
7/173 Salmon St,